Articles and White Papers
If you would like to receive notices via email when we add new materials to our website click here.
For the very latest information, including podcasts, check out EDM’s blog.
Looking for a list of vendors providing association management software? Click here.
What the California Gold Rush Can Teach You About Your Data
Checklist for Ongoing Management of your Association Management Software
The Three Primary Data Management Systems Within Associations and How They Are Related
Nine Keys to Long Term Success of Your Association Management System
- Obstacles to Measuring Engagement
- The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same
- Getting it Done: Who, How, and with What
- Are you a Control Freak?
- What’s your “Bus Factor”?
- Your “Marriage” with your AMS Vendor
- Why Associations Struggle with Business Intelligence
- When Using Third-Party Systems, Don’t Leave Valuable Data Behind
- What’s Plaguing Associations 2012 – The Dog That Didn’t Bark
- Relevance is the Key to Understanding Your Audience
- Treat Your Volunteers Like the Gold That They Are
- The Four Key Ingredients to a Successful AMS Implementation
- Four Areas Where Most Associations are Underutilizing Their AMS
- Do They Know What You Offer?
- Seven Steps for Selecting a New Association Management System
- Four Reasons to Establish an Internal Users Group
- Five Significant Trends in Association Management Software (See interview below)
- Three Keys to a Successful Implementation (and a BONUS!)
- What’s Plaguing Associations – 2011
- Are we really insane? Learning from experience
- No AMS Ever Failed on Selection
- Get Lazy! Understanding Workflow Automation and Scheduled Tasks
- “Why can’t we just buy Access?”
- Is Your Database Helping You Accomplish Your Mission?
- Skills Required of a Database Manager
- Oh, The Changes I’ve Seen!
- The Timelessness of Business Process Review
- The Difference Between Enterprise Software and Software-as-a-Service
- What AMS Vendors Think – 2010
- Sometimes You HAVE to Customize
- What’s Plaguing Associations – 2010
- Case Study: Custom Software vs. Off-the-Shelf
- Three Steps to Ensure Switching Systems Doesn’t Slow You Down
- Simplifying Your Processes Means Limiting Your Inputs
- Three Reasons Why You Need a Formal Issue Tracking System
- Don’t Just Do Something, Stand There!
- Why Benchmarks Matter
- Untapped Sources of Business Intelligence
- Data Strategy: New rules for the Age of Twitter
- Eliminating Business Inefficiencies (external link)
- Tracking Volunteer Engagement
- What Associations Like About Their Databases – 2009
- What’s Plaguing Associations – 2009
- Getting Users to USE the Database
- The Data Management Cycle
- Interviews with CEOs from Six AMS Vendors
- Your Database as a Member Relations Tool
- Healthcare and your Database
- What’s Plaquing Associations 2008
- Establishing a Contact Tracking Policy
- Business Intelligence: What it Means for Membership and Marketing
- More Data is Better, Right?
- Business Intelligence: Where to start?
- Too Many Choices Are as Bad as Not Enough
- Success Depends on Good Technology and Clear Business Rules
- Write the Perfect RFP
- The Hidden Costs of an AMS Implementation
- What’s Plaquing Associations Now? (Part 2 of 2)
- What’s Plaquing Associations Now? (Part 1 of 2)
- Meeting the Challenge of Data Conversion
- Marrying Technology and Mission
- Trochlil’s Data Management Hierarchy
- Occam’s Razor and Business Rules
- Why Your Association Should NOT Develop Its Own Software
- There’s Always a Trade-Off
- Four Training Tips
- Data Management: Greatness Through Data use
- Data Management: Keying Consistently is Key
- Data Management: Steady as She Goes
- The People Factor
- The Price You Pay for Your AMS Comes Down to Functionality
- Three Things Your Association Should Be Doing Online
- Strive for Success, Not Perfection, In Your Database
- Using Technology to Cut Costs and Improve Customer Service
- CRM. AMS. What’s the Difference?
- Associations Can Do Things the Amazon Way
- Customers at the Core
- Getting More From Your Data
- Five Steps for Ensuring the Success of Your Database
- Managing Your Database: Why Documentation Is King
- The Two Most Important Things to Consider When Choosing Your AMS
- Consultant or Staff: It’s a Matter of Time and Mission
- Why Should You Have a Centralized System?
- Why can’t your association be like Amazon.com? (Part 1 of 2)
- Predictive Marketing: How your organization can be more like Amazon.com. (Part 2 of 2)
- Spread the word: PR for your database
- Outsourcing Beyond a Single Project